** I had a really hard time photographing this for some reason. The angles all look odd and was just not photographing as good as I was hoping- I realized B's room has TERRIBLE lighting **
Ok. This was going to be a tutorial. BUT its not- well not really. ( First step: spray paint. Well Im not going to photograph that and risk getting paint on my camera and after I didn't photograph that I just got
lazy busy and did the rest of the project without my camera -sorry) Ill give you the quick walk through though. :)
I had seen this in the Pottery Barn catalog and loved the idea. ( of course I cannot find a picture of it anywhere- so I had to photograph my old catalog- yes I keep my old catalogs.) I wanted something above/around Bristol's bed however, I felt that any kind of netting would promptly be pulled down when B was angry about going to bed. When I saw this I instantly loved it! AND it was something I thought would be pretty easy to make myself.
Pottery Barn Kids Versions...
Ok to make this here is what you do:
1. Find a cheap wicker wreath
2. Spray paint the wreath whatever color you want ( I did white)
3. Get silk flowers and beads and weave throughout BOTH top and bottom ( I thought I might have to use hot glue but they worked great just weaving through the wicker branches)
4. Cut four pieces of ribbon equal lengths and weave into your wreath equal spaces apart. Gather all your ends and sew ( or you could hot glue) them together.
5. Tie a bow around the top to hide your stitches or hot glue.
6. Hang up above your daughters bed and pray it doesn't fall on her in her sleep... because if it does your husband will never let you live it down.
Have a great weekend and maybe my motivation will return after some quality Matt and B time. :)